PV America pre-conference education provides an excellent opportunity to dig into the subject matter of your choice.
The 2014 National Electrical Code (NEC)® and PV System Design, Installation,
Monday, June 23
8:00 am – 3:30 pm
Breakfast will be provided.
Price: $200 for members/$250 non-members
NABCEP Advanced educational hours for the Certification exams: 6
NABCEP CE hours: 6 (NEC: 6)
The National Electrical Code® drives industry-wide best practices as well as product development cycles of PV component manufacturers. Whether you’re an installer, designer, manufacturer, engineer, or building official, understanding the NEC is critical to staying on top of the game.
This course addresses the significant changes in the 2014 NEC that impact PV system design, installation, and inspection, including new mandates for all types of PV systems: battery-based off-grid; grid-direct and interactive; and residential, commercial, and utility-scale applications. Topics include:
- Rapid shutdown for PV systems on buildings
- Expansion of ground-fault and arc-fault protection requirements
- Clarifications and changes relevant to 1,000 Vdc PV systems
- Updates to disconnect and fuse servicing requirements
- New standards for field-applied hazard markings
- Major changes for interconnecting PV systems to the grid
- New requirements for battery-based PV systems, both stand-alone and interactive
- Additional changes in Articles 690 and 705, as well as other relevant Articles
Engineers, System Designers, Code Officials, Manufacturers, Experienced Installers and Integrators